Friday 13 February 2015

Honeymoon Ends Soon

Hello peopleeee!


I had a short day in school today hence I'm back home early after eating lunch with Roxanne at nex :D  Thank you higher chinese, I am able to bask in this bliss of going home early ;)


So this week is the first week of official lessons for J1s and I thought that it was going to be hellish, but turns out better than expected haha. My classmates were all really sweet and caring!!! Plus the 3 indian girls that I'm closer with, they are really comical people LOL. Throughout primary and secondary, I've frankly only made chinese friends haha. But my class has many malay and indian girls so it is inevitable that I'm making friends with them too hahaha


I swear JC sucks money out of me. Every time there are lecture notes, tutorials and revision packages to be collected, we have to pay money haha. No textbooks needed at all.

And other peculiar thing is that even though I might only have 2 lectures for the day, I still feel so tired when I get home. The degree of how exhausted I am is twice or even thrice compared to secondary school. Not sure why too :(

One of my classmate has an uncanny resemblance to qishuang hhhahah. But now when I look at it again, they actually have rather different features.


My econs lecturer speaks seriously like a machine gun HAHA. I feel like a fellow comrade of hers when I'm in her class, penning down notes furiously just like stocking up on ammunition for a war in the LT.

And my bio teacher is such a sweet person!!! I was initially dreading some old hag LOL.


Oh yes, I have to tell you guys about my SC interview experience haha. It was THE MOST intense interview of my life. I swear the tension in the room was soooo high. My friend even told me that there was one guy in her group that almost cried. This was how tense it was. But anyway, its over hahhaha. Just awaiting the results now... I'm not very confident that I'll get in lah, because I also don't know if they are looking for individuals like me even though I led council in my secondary school days.
The dance trial dates are not out yet ermaigerd... I hope its next week, if not its too late.



---


There is something that I have come to a realisation this week. I've heard this many times before I entered JC, but after experiencing it for myself, its a fact.



You've got to be very very independent and self-disciplined in JC.


Its true.



Teachers in JC give a fairly large degree of liberty to students in terms of academics and even other matters, so being independent is a very big part of JC life. For example, collecting notes yourself, reading up on topics ahead, doing self study on certain chapters. Additionally, there are some days when you'll have 2-4 hour breaks depending on your subject combi. These breaks are spent up to your discretion. Its either you waste these hours away playing with your phone, or use this time to revise and read up on notes or do tutorials. ITS YOUR CHOICE HAHA.



---

Well that is all for this blogpost, bye guys!



No comments:

Post a Comment